Unfortunately, there’s not much available online about Tijuana Tango—but it was jolly good ol’ soulful times. From a tidbit that I could find via events pages:
“Tijuana Tango”?! Tijuana or Tango? Tequila or Rumba? What is this about? It’s quite simple. The musical project “Tijuana Tango” brings together different musicians, from different countries, with different musical backgrounds. A wide variety of musical styles and songs come together, from sevdah or flamenco, passing by tarantelle or rumba, up to cumbia or fado. Old songs and new songs. “Tijuana Tango” is a musical invitation for people to think about borders and differences. Or so called borders and differences…
- Jelena Milušić, Bosnia Herzegovina/Germany (vocals)
- Nathan Daems, Belgium (saxophone, clarinet)
- Filip Vandebril, Belgium (double bass)
- Sebastian Wiesner, Germany (percussion), and
- Thomas Morzewski, France (piano, trumpet).